Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Victoria's Secret - Mast Global - Columbus, OH
Job ID: 36678
Reynoldsburg, OH, USA
POSITION TITLE: Regulatory Affairs Specialist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
Responsible for providing expertise to all business units and corporate enterprise relating to international regulatory and product safety standards for apparel and lingerie.
* Partner with L Brands Legal, Director, Regulatory Affairs, and cross-functional partners in formulating policy related to product and labeling rules, bans, regulations and product safety standards for apparel and lingerie.
* As business expands into new countries, partner with L Brands Legal, Director, Regulatory Affairs, and Product Performance on policy and standards updates to ensure all international regulatory and product safety standards for apparel and lingerie are researched, standards are accurately and completely developed, and standards are maintained on L Brands website (following governance process).
* Monitor regulatory and product safety developments in the industry to ensure ongoing compliance with all international regulatory and product safety standards for apparel and lingerie.
* When standards and policies are updated, ensure all relevant partners receive clear and timely communication to ensure these are operationalized.
* Ensure that all relevant internal and external partners receive initial training on new regulatory and product safety standards and ongoing training to address issues identified through audits and other sources.
* Maintain database of all training courses, dates, and participants.
* Establish a network with all vendors and create regular communications to support continued learning.
* Partner with Quality Management team in the resolution of all product non-compliance issues related to regulatory or product safety.
* Conduct regular audits of apparel and lingerie to ensure compliance with regulatory and product safety standards.
* Provide risk assessment data to the business.
*Act as a positive, supportive partner, consistently demonstrating our shared values and high standards.
* Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline, chemistry, textiles, or international business.
* 5-7 years of practical experience in the application of regulatory and product safety standards to consumer products (preferably at least some of which has been in apparel and lingerie).
* Excellent analytical skills required. Strong restricted substances background preferred: chemical substitution case studies, intrinsic hazards screening methodology, effluent and product chemical testing, auditing and chemical data management.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to translate complex rules, bans, standards and regulations to cross functional partners.
* Time management and organizational skills required; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a great deal of attention to details.
* Flexible team player with the desire to learn.
* Demonstrated aptitude with information technology. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.